Governor Gretchen Whitmer has requested Michigan Legislature extend her emergency powers by 70 days as the spread of COVID-19 shows no sign of slowing down.
Henry Ford Macomb announced that their Intensive Care Unit is at capacity, even while the growth of COVID-19 patients continues.
Michigan has reported a total of 9,315 cases of COVID-19. The state of Michigan also has seen 337 deaths related to COVID-19 complications.
The total new cases for a few cities are as follows:
- Dearborn: 16 new cases for a total of 134.
- Dearborn Heights: 9 new cases for a total of 96.
- Detroit: 447 new cases for a total of 2,483.
- Hamtramck: two new case for a total of 25.
- Taylor: 19 new cases for a total of 142.